Kent Hawkeye 29″ Mountain Bike Review (November 2020)
Kent Hawkeye 29" Mountain Bike
- ✔ All Aluminum Frame & Front Shock Absorbing Suspension
- ✔ 7 Speed Shimano Freewheel & 21 Speed Shimano Gearing System
- ✔ Front And Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ Strong 29" Double Wall Alloy Rims
- 6061 18.5” Aluminum Frame and Aluminum Crown Front Suspension
- 29” Double Wall Alloy Rims with 29 x 2.30 tires
- Shimano 7-speed Freewheel
- Front and Rear Derailleurs
- Shimano Rapid Fire 21-Speed Shifters
- Front & Rear Mechanical Disc Brakes
- 31.8 Alloy Handlebar and Stem, Alloy 170mm crank
The Kent Hawkeye 29″ mountain bike is built around a light-weight 6061 aluminum frame and alloy crown suspension fork. You’ll love the Kent Hawkeye’s large smooth-rolling 29” wheels which roll faster and span across larger holes on trails, smoothing out the bumpy terrain for a more comfortable ride. The Kent Hawkeye 29″ mountain bike utilizes Shimano components including 21 Speed Shimano EF-41 Rapid Fire Shifters for smooth and easy gear changing, Shimano 7 Speed Freewheel and Shimano front and rear derailleurs.
Stylish and practical, the Kent Hawkeye 29″ is a mountain bike that stands out from the crowd. Its lightweight yet sturdy design is easy to handle and its large wheels make for a smooth ride. It’s constructed with Shimano components renowned for their high quality and long-lasting durability. Overall, the Hawkeye 29″ is a great bike for a relatively low price.
Previous owners have been quick to comment about how the bike is low quality and not worth the price tag. However we really struggle to understand how generalizations about simple flat tire or shipping damage in most cases can equate to a lack of quality. It needs tuning to hit all the gears but that seems normal for a boxed bike. Returning a damaged bike is irritating but very doable so in our opinion, this outcome is worth the risk.
Getting a mountain bike with disk brakes, aluminum frame and 29 inch wheels is a steal at this price range. Check it out for yourself.