Top 4 Best Carbon Road Bikes Under $3000 (July 2020)
Ridley Liz SL Disc Carbon Road Bike
- ✔ 30mm Tire Clearance
- ✔ Flat Mount Disc Brakes
- ✔ Shimano Ultegra Di2 Drivetrain
- ✔ Vitoria Rubino Pro 28mm Tires
- The Liz SL is the marquee ridley frame platform, suitable for all types of terrain and capable of managing every on-road surface
- Features the iconic ridley diamond-shaped down tube and top tube combined with lowered seat stays for a true do-it-all frame Chassis
- The 30mm tire clearance combined with flat mount disc brakes result in a perfect all-around performance bike that can be used in all conditions
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 drivetrain
- DT Swiss R23 DB wheels with Vitoria rubino Pro 28 mm tires
Liz is the quintessential “all-round” women’s bike. The female-spec’d version of Ridley’s Fenix frame, the Liz offers a perfect blend between performance, weight, strength, stiffness and especially comfort for long days in the saddle. Its unique diamond shape tubing creates reinforced edges for a robust frame with increased impact-resistance.
While this bike expertly handles top competition, it is also perfectly suited for the part-time racer or recreational rider in terms of performance, comfort and cost. It’s the optimal bike for tackling your next Gran Fondo or extended tour through the Flemish Ardennes.
The Liz SL Disc is Ridley’s top women’s “all-round” bike. Equipped with disc brakes, it is ready to conquer everything in its path no matter the weather conditions or terrain. To compensate for the use of disc brakes, they’ve made the frame as light as possible without compromising its handling qualities. The lowered seatstays that compensate for the absence of caliper brake bridge increase the frame’s stiffness for that extra boost in power-transfer.
This is a beautiful bike, well designed, rides well and shifts ever so smoothly. An easy recommendation from us.
Mekk Primo 6.6 Carbon Road Bike
- ✔ Toray T800 Carbon Frame
- ✔ Shimano Ultegra 22 Speed Gearing System
- ✔ Continental Ultra Sport II 700x23C Tires
- ✔ Shimano Ultegra Brakes
- NEW high Modulus Carbon Toray T800 EPS System Frame and fork
- Shimano Ultegra 22 speed index
- Shimano RS330 wheel set
- Continental Ultra Sport II 700X23C 180TPI tires
- San Marco ERA STARTUP POWER Saddle
Building on the successes of the previous model Mekk have evolved the frame design working closely with their carbon-fibre engineers to both lighten the overall chassis weight and increase stiffness through the bottom bracket shell and chain-stays. With the increase in stiffness they also realized they needed to keep the ride comfortable and consistent with the previous generation.
What Mekk achieved however is a smoother ride that’s also more responsive. By reducing the size of the rear triangle by dropping the seat-stays they’ve increased the rear triangle stiffness. The seat stay diameter is also reduced allowing more elastic give. They’ve achieved this by relocating the direct mount rear bike under the chain-stay bridge at the bottom bracket junction.
Whilst the rear triangle has increased rigidity it has at the same time allowed for more movement in the carbon seat tube and seat post that helps to kill road vibrations ensuring the bikes back end keeps you feeling good for longer.
Diamondback Bicycles Arden 5 Carbon Road Bike
- ✔ Shimano 105 2x11 Speed Drivetrain
- ✔ Shimano 105 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- ✔ Limited Lifetime Warranty On The Frame
- ✔ HED Flanders C2+ Disc Wheels With Continental Grand Sport Race 700x28c Tires
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Outboard Bearing
- Headset: FSA No.42, Sealed Cartridge
- Stem: HED Tour Stem, +/-7° Rise, 31.8mm Bar Bore
- Handlebar: HED Tour Flat Top Drop Bar, 31.8 Bar Bore
- Saddle: Prologo Kappa DEA2, w/ Cromoly Rails
- Seatpost: HED Tour, 27.2mm
- Pedals: Alloy Road Platform
- Grips: Diamondback Endurance Gel Tape
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 RD-5800, 11 Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 FD-5801, 31.8mm Band Clamp
- Crank: Shimano 105 FC-5800 Compact, 50/34T
- Shifters: Shimano ST-RS505, Dual Control 2×11 Speed
- Cassette: Shimano 105 CS-5800 Cassette, 11 Speed, 11-32T
- Chain: KMC X11EL, 11 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano BR-RS505 Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc, w/ 160mm Front / 160mm Rear Rotors
- Brake Levers: Shimano ST-RS505
- Rims: HED Flanders C2+ Disc, 24h
- Spokes: 2.0/1.8/2.0 Butted Stainless Steel
- Front Hub: 24h Alloy, Sealed Cartridge, Center Lock, 12mm Thru-axle
- Rear Hub: 24h Alloy, Sealed Cartridge, Center Lock, 142x12mm Thru-axle, Cassette
- Tires: Continental Grand Sport Race, Folding, 700x28c
The Arden 5C is an easy-going women’s road bike that’s totally down with chill-pace Sunday spins but also up to the challenge when the ride turns a bit “spirited.” With a slightly more relaxed riding position than a full-on race bike, the Arden 5C balances speed and comfort so you can ride strong all day long. Meticulously engineered seat stays keep the bike’s ride supple, while front and rear thru-axles enhance steering precision. Wide 28c tires provide more stability and bump absorption than traditional skinny road tires. They’re mounted on durable HED Flanders C2+ wheels. And you can count on the Shimano 105 groupset to deliver reliable performance year after year. Ride farther, ride faster on the Arden 5C.
We love this bike. The Diamondback Arden 5 Carbon is a joy to ride. Switch gears effortlessly, enjoy a comfortable ride. The bike is lightweight and beautifully designed. We can’t recommend it enough.
SAVA Disc R7020 Carbon Road Bike
- ✔ T800 Carbon Fiber Frame, Fork & Seat Post
- ✔ Hydraulic Disc Brake System
- ✔ Shimano 105 7020 2x11 Speed Shifters
- ✔ CST C1808 Tires
- TORAY T800 Carbon Fiber Frame, Fork and Seat Post – It’s a lightweight and stiff carbon road bike at 9.1kg (20.1lb).
- Newest SHIMANO 105 R7020 2*11 Speed with Shifter lever, Front derailleur, Rear derailleur, Crankset and Freewheel.
- The crankset is Shimano 105 R7000, 50/34T*170MM and Freewheel is SHIMANO 105 R7000-11 Speeds, 11-28T.
- The Shimano R7070 Oil Disc Brake provide a long-lasting and stronger fasting power.
- Fully internal cable routing ensures clean airflow over the entire bike.
- Carbon fiber 40MM Wheel set and CST 700C*28C Tire. Free Pedals Included.
TORAY Carbon Frame, Fork and Seat Post
TORAY T800 Carbon Fiber Frame, Fork, Handlebar and Seat post, and designed in the Wind Tunnel, the stays, seat post, and seat tube are aerodynamically contoured. The tapered head tube strengthens the torsion rigidity and give riders a better handling.
SHIMANO 105 R7020 Group Set
SHIMANO 105 R7020 2*11 Speeds with with Shifter lever, Front derailleur, Rear derailleur, Crankset and Freewheel – It enables you to start and operate your ride effectively, smooth shifting and durable.
Big Circle Oil Disc Brake
The SHIMANO R7070 disc brake levers and 7020 shifter lever are a unit that provides a long-lasting and stronger fasting power, better than conventional V-brake systems.
Carbon Fibrer Fork and CST Tires
Front fork uses T800 Carbon Fibrer, which is very lightweight. Tires using CST C1808, 700C x 28C. 120TPI high-density gauze reduce tire weight and improve riding comfort. Anti-skid design on both sides increase grip and be more confident when turning at high speed.
This single line review sums up our opinion of this carbon road bike.
“I can whole heartedly recommend their [SAVA Disc R7020 carbon road] bike to anyone who wants a quality bike at a reasonable price.”