Mongoose Juneau Fat Tire Bike Buyers Review (October 2020)
Mongoose Juneau Fat Tire Bike
- ✔ 16 Speed Shimano Trigger Shifter Gearing System
- ✔ Front & Rear Disc Brakes
- ✔ Aluminum Mountain Bike Styled Frame
- ✔ 26" x 4" Fat All Terrain Tires
- Fat tire bike designed for all-condition riding, including sand and snow 26-inch wheels fit riders 5’4″ to 6’2″ in height
- Aluminum mountain-style frame with hydro-formed tubing provides a durable, responsive ride
- 16-speed Shimano trigger shifters with Shimano drivetrain for fast, precise gear changes
- Front and rear disc brakes provide crisp all-condition stopping and precise speed control
- 26×4” fat all-terrain tires on 3” wide drilled alloy rims provide extra stability in all conditions
- Suspension Type: Rigid
- Bike Type: Mountain Bike
The Mongoose Juneau 26″ fat tire beach cruiser is designed to be ridden easily on a wide variety of terrain thanks to oversized tires for stability & traction. Aluminum cruiser frame geometry adds a comfortable but athletic riding position. The Juneau is equipped with a supersized beach frame with plenty of clearance to conquer any terrain with the Mongoose supersized beach cruiser 26″ x 4″ knobby tires. Alloy 4″ wide wheel set with disc brakes for easy stopping, low rise handlebars for comfort and stability and 3 piece cranks, the 21 speed Trigger Shifters with Shimano rear derailleur make this the perfect bike to go conquer anything.
Some tubes are hydroformed and others are sculpted or straight. The square taper bottom bracket is a sealed bearing unit, but all other bearings are older style rebuildable parts (with grease installed, unlike some of the cheaper Mongooses). Hubs are aluminum with rougher bearings but should work fine. Rear hub is a screw on freewheel type, but 9 and 10 speed freewheels are available. The crankset seems good with aluminum arms and steel chainrings. Stem and bars are great and light, albeit a little narrow.
Overall the Mongoose Juneau fat tire mountain bike was well built, sturdy, very light weight and most of all fun to ride. This is a very impressive bike, try it and we’re sure you won’t be disappointed.