Schwinn Sycamore Hybrid Electric Bike Review (January 2021)
Schwinn Sycamore Hybrid Electric Bike
- ✔ Aluminum Frame With SR Suntour NEX Suspension Fork
- ✔ 8-Speed Shimano Alivo Drivetrain
- ✔ Shimano Altus Trigger Shifters
- ✔ Front And Rear Alloy Mechanical Disc Brakes
- Five levels of electric motor assistance while you pedal
- Battery lasts up to 45 miles
- Included battery recharges in 6 hours
- 350 Watt hub-drive pedal assist motor with thumb controller & LCD computer display
- Schwinn aluminum dual-sport frame with SR Suntour NEX suspension fork with 63 mm of travel & hydraulic lockout
- Shimano Alivo 8-speed drivetrain with a Shimano Altus trigger shifter
- Front & rear alloy mechanical disc brakes
- Comfort saddle with ergonomic grips
If riding an eBike is a new adventure for you, then the Schwinn Sycamore is the perfect way to get started. The 700c Men’s Sycamore sport hybrid electric bike has a 350-watt hub-drive motor with a thumbpad controller on the handlebar. With an LCD display showing battery life, assistance level, and basic cycling computer features, you can use the thumbpad to completely control your ride.
There are five different levels of pedal-assist for you to choose from, which offer e-assistance up to 20 miles per hour. When you pedal, the motor activates and provides added assistance which you’ll appreciate on daunting hills and long fitness rides. Depending on the level of assistance used, weight on the bike and path you take, the battery will last up to 45 miles and fully recharges (using a standard household outlet) in about six hours. Good luck beating the versatility of this sport hybrid e-bike.
The Sycamore features a dual-sport aluminum frame with a comfortable upright riding position that’s easy on your back. You’ll enjoy durable, versatile riding thanks to the SR Suntour NEX suspension fork with hydraulic lockout to keep you in control of your ride. Eight traditional bike speeds with a Shimano Alivio rear derailleur and Shimano Altus trigger shifter keep shifting simple and smooth, while front and rear disc brakes give you the stopping power you need to ride confidently.
This sleek electric bike bridges versatile hybrid riding with modern eBike convenience and is your ticket to speedy commutes, less sweaty hill rides and durable trail riding. It’s a great example of what sort of quality components you can get with a good budget.