Top 2 Best Fat Bikes Under $500 (April 2021)
Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike
- ✔ Strong Durable Steel Frame
- ✔ Performance Mechanical Disc Brakes
- ✔ 4" Wide Alloy Wheels
- ✔ 7 Speed Shimano Gearing Set
For over 40 years, Mongoose has been in the dirt, on the trails and off the ramps. Founded in 1974 in a Southern California garage, Mongoose has always created products that push the limits of what a rider can do. That is why they say, there is nothing you can’t do on a Mongoose.
- Steel cruiser frame
- Super sized 4″ wide tires
- 7 speeds with twist shifters and a Shimano rear derailleur.
- Front and rear disc brakes for stopping power in even dusty or wet conditions.
- Threadless headset for adjustability
Wow did you see what that guy is riding? What was that thing? The tires are huge! Watch as he glides over sand, dirt and snow. See the glee he has as he bounces over embankments and boings over rocks. The Mongoose Malus 26-inch fat tire bike has arrived to save you from the doldrums and put a smile on the faces of all those you pass by. Built with 4 1/4-inch tires (earning the name fat) on a supersized beach cruiser frame and there is plenty of clearance to make it rideable on virtually any terrain. Plus, the Malus has 7-speeds with a Shimano rear derailleur and front and rear disc brakes so it still has its vein of practicality. Fat tires are all the rage and the Malus is a great bike to add to your stable, and to get out there and have a little fun on. There is nothing you can’t do on a Mongoose and almost nowhere you can’t go on the Malus.
Overall the Mongoose Malus fat tire beach cruiser bike is a joy to ride. The tires smooth the terrain. Dirt roads are no challenge. Some reviews complain that the seat isn’t very comfortable however a simple solution of swapping for a more padded seat solves that easily. The bike is heavy but that weight is what helps it achieve a strong, durable feel. An easy recommendation from us. Check it out for yourself.
Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike
- ✔ Durable Steel Mountain Bike Frame
- ✔ Shimano 7 Speed Gearing System
- ✔ Front & Rear Disc Brakes
- ✔ 26" x 4" Fat Tires
- Partial assembly required | Front wheel, handlebar, seat and pedals do not come attached
- Conquer any off road trail with ease, with this high-tensile steel framed mountain bike with supersized all terrain knobby tires
- A Shimano rear derailleur with seven speeds makes hills easier to climb, while twist Shifters make it smooth and easy to change gears while riding
The Mongoose Dolomite fat tire bike is a bike that is built for all terrain. The tires are big and plump; up to 4-inch thick and create a cushiony ride that will put the fun back into your trail or everyday riding. Built for snow, mud, dirt, and city roads.
Conquer any off-road trail with ease with the Dolomite Fat Tire bike with supersized all-terrain knobby tires. A Shimano rear derailleur with seven speeds makes hills easier to climb, while twist shifters make it smooth and easy to change gears while riding. For added speed and performance, the strong, lightweight alloy rims keep the weight down. Ride comfortably with beach cruiser pedals and insure safety with front and rear disc brakes.
Overall, the Mongoose Dolomite is a very good bike for the money. It’s easy to assemble if you follow the instructions, it has the appearance of a large tired 4 X 4 vehicle and is an absolute attention getter with the many reflectors, factory metallic dark blue paint and red wide tire rims.The Mongoose bicycle also comes with cable operated disc brakes and stops very well. The wheel bearings were well packed and greased when it arrived