Mekk Primo 6.6 Carbon Road Bike Buyers Review (November 2020)
Mekk Primo 6.6 Carbon Road Bike
- ✔ Toray T800 Carbon Frame
- ✔ Shimano Ultegra 22 Speed Gearing System
- ✔ Continental Ultra Sport II 700x23C Tires
- ✔ Shimano Ultegra Brakes
- NEW high Modulus Carbon Toray T800 EPS System Frame and fork
- Shimano Ultegra 22 speed index
- Shimano RS330 wheel set
- Continental Ultra Sport II 700X23C 180TPI tires
- San Marco ERA STARTUP POWER Saddle
Building on the successes of the previous model Mekk have evolved the frame design working closely with their carbon-fibre engineers to both lighten the overall chassis weight and increase stiffness through the bottom bracket shell and chain-stays. With the increase in stiffness they also realized they needed to keep the ride comfortable and consistent with the previous generation.
What Mekk achieved however is a smoother ride that’s also more responsive. By reducing the size of the rear triangle by dropping the seat-stays they’ve increased the rear triangle stiffness. The seat stay diameter is also reduced allowing more elastic give. They’ve achieved this by relocating the direct mount rear bike under the chain-stay bridge at the bottom bracket junction.
Whilst the rear triangle has increased rigidity it has at the same time allowed for more movement in the carbon seat tube and seat post that helps to kill road vibrations ensuring the bikes back end keeps you feeling good for longer.